Popular From the Heart Website Links:
Patterns | Tags | Retreat | Useful Links
We currently need hats and all sizes of blankets. As always, please make whatever you enjoy as we can use anything you make.
Fredericksburg / King George Area Current Needs
We currently need baby items, blankets of all sizes, chemo hats and shrugs. As always, please make whatever you enjoy as we can use anything you make.
Comfort Doll Project
Bring comfort to a child
Many children have never had a doll of their own! Many of us who have seen a sad child being comforted by a soft cuddly toy know the value this can have. Imagine how valuable a unique doll like this could be to a young child with a sick parent, one who has lost a parent or are sick themselves. Many of you have already given your time and talents. We are asking for your time and talent to knit or crochet a Comfort Doll and bring hope into the lives of children of Haiti.
We are hoping to complete as many as possible by August 1st. Our goal is 500 comfort dolls! Thank you in advance for your time, talent and efforts in making these unique dolls.
What a great way to use up all of your leftovers. The dolls are made in one piece, no weaving in of ends and then stuffed with fiberfill.
Need Patterns? Click Here...
The need for blankets continues in several different sizes:
- Lap blankets 30" x 42"
- Large blankets 40" x 70"
- Blankets for babies
Supplies and Ongoing Projects
As always anything you want to make we can really use to help fill the bins in the shop and warm the hearts and bodies of those in need.
- Chemo Hats for Guys and Boys
- Socks for the Homeless – prefer white, non - Wool socks. Tube socks work well (no heels to deal with!)
- Chemo Blankets/Shawls 30" x 48"
- Tie-ons blankets for Hospice/Palliative Care 27" x 36" (No fringe, w/72" tie I-cord or single chain using double yarn)
- Baby Blankets
- As small as a 24 inch square up to as large as a 40 inch square
- As small as a 24 inch rectangle up to as large as a 40 inch rectangle
- Children's blankets (for clutching or draggin') 24" sq up to 36" or 40" & not necessarily square
- Bone Marrow Transplant Unit blankets Large and COLORFUL! (Just enough to cover the top of twin bed)
- Home Again (Battered Women and Children's Shelter) large enough to wrap a small child in cold, drafty house
- Chemo Hats Small, medium and large sizes for both adults and children
- SPCA rounds or squares 15-18 inches up to 3 feet to fit crates using leftovers of mixed yarn, wool, blends, cotton or acrylics
- Squares 12 inches to be stitched together into blankets
- Infant Hats Preemies- not too small, should fit a large orange. Must be stretchy. Full term newborn to fit a large grapefruit.
- Layette Sets Used as "take me home" outfits for newborns.
- Bears and Toys New bears from Dollar stores, dressed with knitted or crocheted outfits. Given to sick, scared or needy children in ER, clinic, oncology, hospice and other areas.
From the Heart
1425 Crawford Wood Place
Midlothian, Va 23114
1114 Westbriar Drive
Richmond, Va 23238
Tuesday 10 - 2
Wednesday 10 - 2
Thursday 10 - 2
Saturday 10 - 2
©From the Heart . Site Created by JTEC . Site Hosted by Sitevision
501©3 nonprofit corporation