Newsletter - From the Heart Stitchers
Read all of May 2017 Newsletter (best viewed in Google Chrome)
Letter from Lois
At our recent Board of Directors meeting, the discussion of our upcoming Leftovers Workshop triggered thoughts in my mind. Thoughts that just started pouring out so I just had to start my list.
What can we possibly do with our leftover yarn, both small and large amounts. The colors and projects are endless! Below I'll try to list things that have been buzzing around in my head and hopefully, by writing them down, I can ease them aside and make room in my brain for brewing other interesting ideas.
There is no particular order to this list...just as they pop up I write them down. Here goes...
- Most anything with stripes:
- Blankets, both adult and baby as well as 12 inch squares,
- Sweaters, socks, slippers, hats, mittens, scarves and shawls,
- Book marks, cell phone and water bottle covers,
- Toys for kids and pets. Even catnip toys for furry friends,
- Pom-poms, tassels, embellishments,
- Head bands, baskets, bowls and bags,
- Holiday ornaments, jewelry,
- Bird nesting materials,
- Colorful hot pads and washcloths,
- And one of my favorites...finger puppets for covering finger pricks and distracting little ones after blood tests.
Bring your ideas, your patterns and your enthusiasm to our workshop at Brandermill Church on Saturday, May 20th and let's see what we can create using our materials as well as yours.
We hope to see you there!