Retreat - From the Heart Retreat
11th Annual Retreat was held...
August 27, 2016
10:00 am to 3:30 pm
The Place at Innsbrook, 4036 Cox Rd., Glen Allen, VA 23060
- "It's Magic!"
- Registration (to be mailed)!
- There will be no walk-ins allowed and form must be mailed (not dropped in box at the shop).
- Registration for the Retreat will be $40 and registration will close on July 15th.
- As with last year, we will be limiting the number of spaces to 200 given the constraints we have on space and the need to ensure that attendees enjoy themselves.
- We will have vendors, classes, speakers, games, raffles, door prizes, and lots and lots of fun and camaraderie.
2015 Retreat - "Colors of the World"
What a terrific day of fun we had on Saturday. From start to finish, it seemed every minute was filled with something to do from listening to our speakers, to visiting the vendors, to playing Bingo, to taking classes, to winning door prizes and vying for raffle prizes... and then, of course, there was the food... I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did the focus of the day was on YOU - the From the Heart Volunteer and what a joy it was to see it all come together and see you all get the kudos you so richly deserve.
This year, as those of you who were there know, we had two large maps displayed on easels and people were asked to stick a pin in to mark the place they were born. Those maps are now at the shop on Westbriar so, next time you're in, please place a pin in it if you have not already. It is really interesting to see the many different places and countries are represented in From the Heart.
I want to take a moment to thank all of those who helped make this Retreat such a success. Ayn did a fantastic job MC'ing and many, many others assisted in so many ways both visibly on the day and behind the scenes beforehand to pull it all together. The Purple Book was a compilation of tips, ideas, patterns, and articles by far too many people to list here. Thank you so much to all of you ! I honestly cannot conceive of a nicer, more friendly, and willing group of people than From the Hearters.
While I think to mention it, we have Purple Books available at the shop by request and all we ask is that you make a donation in the amount of $12 to defray the cost of printing. Have you looked at them? They are quite something and entirely put together by our members.